General Securities Representative Exam (Series 7)
Need Help Studying for the Series 7 Exam? Complete Practice Test Questions and Study Guide
The General Securities Representative Exam is administered by NASD (National Association of Securities Dealers). The test is also administered by a self-regulating financial body, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
The Series 7 exam has two parts, each with a 3 hour time limit. Series 7 consists of 260 questions in the multiple-choice format. The test questions cover topics on a broad range of investment areas such as bonds, stocks, options, investment company products and limited partnerships. More info on the Series 7.
Only 250 of these questions count toward the final score and the remaining 10 questions are pretest questions. The pass requirement for the Series 7 is a minimum score of 70%.
The exam is divided into 12 categories, including:
- Margin: Regulations and calculations (10 Questions)
- Tax & Retirement plans (15 Questions)
- Package Securities: Mutual funds, Variable Annuities, etc. (20 Questions)
- New York Exchange: Procedures and orders (15 Questions)
- Options (50 Questions)
- Municipal Securities (50 questions)
- Economic Analysis (15 Questions)
- Government Securities (15 Questions)
- Corporate Securities (15 Questions)
- Client Accounts (15 Questions)
- Regulation (15 Questions)
- Direct Participation (15 Questions)
Complete Series 7 Study Guide and Practice Test Questions
Complete study guide prepared by a dedicated team of expert researchers.
Effective, affordable help from the most comprehensive test preparation company in the world!
Includes sample questions, how to make a study plan, test tips and complete review.
Looking for a fast effective way to study? Flash cards are the answer! Studies confirm that flash cards are one of the best ways to study.
400+ professional quality flash cards with every major concept you must know to pass this touch exam. Includes sample questions.